Make a fishing rod for your cat
Cats like toys that fall apart, so forget your local pet store. Make your own fishing rod toy out of things you have lying around the house. When your cat tears it apart in the hunt, no problem, just make a new one. Do be careful, cats like eating string and thread, which can make them quite sick.
How to make your cat’s rod:
1. Tie a string, about as long as your arm, on the end of skinny stick.
2. Wrap plastic tape around the tip of the stick, to hold the string in place.
3. Tie a lure to the string: a feather, a small strip of aluminium foil, or short pieces of ribbon.
4. Now think and act like a mouse.
5. Snatch the lure quickly away from your cat, not towards them, as if you’re running away.